|Title:||Senior Software Developer
|Location:||Ottawa||Job Number:||027-009 HTG|
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team.
- Develop leading edge, high performance cloud technologies.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – DPDK, Openstack, Puppet, ODL
- Work as part of a team focused on virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade development
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration cycles
- Provide support to documentation and customer-facing teams
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development
Qualifications / Skills:
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development
- Development experience with datapath/packet processing software
- Experience with DPDK development is preferred
- Experience with networking and routing protocols
- Experience with Linux Software Development
- Experience with virtual switching is an asset. Exposure to SDN technologies is an asset.
- Development experience with cloud-based and virtualization technologies, including Open Stack, is an asset
- Excellent programming skills using C/C++ and Python; exposure to other languages (SQL, XML, Perl, scripting) is an asset
- Contribution to the open source community is an asset
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes is an asset
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
For more information and to apply email: Resumes@HighTechGenesis.com and include “Job code: 027-009-HTG
|Note:||We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Note:||All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.|